The case summaries below were written by our professional writers, as a learning aid to help you with your studies. If you are looking for help with your case summary then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "Mens Rea"
Latest Case Summaries
- Ball v Johnson  5 WLUK 457Published: Thu, 30 May 2019Extract: Misconduct in public office, and whether or not an allegation of misconduct in public office brought by political campaigners was a proper case for a summons to be issued in.
- Swain v Natui Ram Puri  P.I.Q.R. P422Published: Tue, 28 May 2019Extract: The extent of an occupier’s liability towards a non-visitor, and the degree of knowledge which the defendant is required to have over the presence of a non-visitor in the vicinity of the danger as set out in s1(3)(b) Occupiers Liability Act 1984.
- Leakey v National Trust  QB 485 (CA).Published: Tue, 28 May 2019Extract: Landowners in nuisance, and the knowledge of a danger to neighbours caused by natural deterioration of their property; The extent of the landowner’s duty to take reasonable steps to avert this danger.
- Roe v Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973) Published: Tue, 23 Apr 2019Extract: The case of Roe v Wade is perhaps one of the most famous US Supreme Court decisions to date. Decided in the early 70s,..
- Stilk v Myrick 1809 – Case SummaryPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Stilk v Myrick is a case that was decided over 200 years ago but nonetheless the principle that it developed remains a core feature of the law of contract…
- Negligence Duty Of Care Cases | Tort Law Cases | ParalleleweltenPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Negligence Duty Of Care Cases law teacher tort
- Silverstein v Keynetics, IncPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Silverstein v Keynetics, Inc., and Click Sales., Inc, No. 17-15176 (9th Cir. 2016), United States District Court, Northern California
- Stocznia Gdanska SA v Latvian Shipping CoPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Lacto (L) was a shipowning company belonging to the Latvian state. Lacto entered into agreement with a Polish…
- Peckham v Ellison (2000)Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: This case dealt with two neighbouring terrace council houses built in the 1940s. Each house was let out by the…
- Rahnema v RahbariPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Rights to occupation rent and/or purchase from a co-owner of property.
- Meyer v RiddickPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Joint tenancy and the interests of beneficiaries under a trust in the property.
- Commonwealth of Australia v VerwayenPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: The plaintiff was a naval officer who was injured when two navy ships, the HMAS Voyager and the HMAS Melbourne…
- Farrar v Farrars Ltd 1888Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Mortgagee power of sale; whether he can sell to a company of which he is a shareholder.
- Ferrishurst Ltd v Wallcite LtdPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: The appellants, Ferrishurst, occupied offices on land owned by the respondents, Wallcite, under a sub-underlease that had…
- Liverpool County Council v IrwinPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Implying a term including an obligation on the part of a council where tenancy agreement did not expressly stipulate
- D’Eyncourt v GregoryPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: A testator was a life tenant of certain estates, upon which he had erected and furnished a mansion-house and bequeathed all the tapestry…
- American Cyanamid v EthiconPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Guidelines and the issues to be taken into account by the court for the grant of an interim injunction
- Barrett v Morgan 2000Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Head lease terminated on agreement between landlord and tenant; impact on sub-tenancy
- Santley v Wilde 1899Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Collateral advantages and presumptions about oppressive conduct.
- Re Nisbet and Potts ContractPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: N entered into a contract to sell a parcel of land to P. N’s title was possessory, the paper title having being defeated by a successful…
- Crawley BC v Ure 1996Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Landlord and tenant; one joint tenant giving notice to quit without consulting the other
- Austerberry v Corporation of OldhamPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: COVENANT TO REPAIR, DEDICATION TO THE PUBLIC, TOLLS, TURNPIKE ROAD, HIGHWAY REPAIRABLE BY THE INHABITANTS AT LARGE, STREET
- Lloyds Bank v RossetPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: The defendant, Mrs Rosset, was married to Mr Rosset, who was the sole registered owner of the property in question.
- Peffer v RiggPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: The plaintiff, Peffer, and his brother, Rigg, purchased a property that was registered in Rigg’s sole name…
- Wilkes v SpoonerPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: A lessee of premises (L), upon which the lessee conducted his business as a general butcher, contained a covenant by which L covenanted