The acts below were written by our professional writers, as a learning aid to help you with your studies. If you are looking for help with your act then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "Mens Rea"
- Trade Marks Act 1994Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: The Trade Mark Act (TMA) 1938 was said to have caused a ‘great deal of judicial frustration thus indicating a strong need…
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: The Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE) was introduced as a response to a growing perception that the public had lost all confidence…
- Employment Rights Act 1996Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: The Employment Rights Act 1996 introduces itself as ‘an Act to consolidate enactments relating to employment rights. As such, one of the main aims behind the Act was to bring together into a single piece of legislation much of the existing law in relation to employment rights.
- Family Law ActPublished: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: The Family Law Act 1996 was envisioned to modernise the divorce process and is seen as one of the most radical and far-reaching reforms of family law in the past century.
- Limitation Act 1980Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: Limitation periods enforce time limits within which a party must bring a claim, or give notice of a claim to the other party.
- WTO – General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade 1994Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: The World Trade Organization (WTO) and the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade 1994 (‘GATT’) are together part of an effort to bring about international free trade.
- The Introduction of the ECHR 1950Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: Following the Second World War and the horrors against humanity that had followed it, the United Nations had been given the impetus that was required…
- Sale of Goods Act 1979Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: The Sale of Goods Act codified various provisions, such as the formation of contract, which was already prevalent and well-established in common law.
- Human Tissue Act 2004Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: The Human Tissue Act 2004 (HTA 2004) was introduced to address serious concerns raised in the course of the 1998 Kennedy Inquiry.
- Sexual Offences Act 2003 – SummaryPublished: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: The Sexual Offences Act 2003 repealed most sections of the Sexual Offences Act 1956. It represented a large-scale revision of the law of sexual offences.
- Defamation Act 2013 – SummaryPublished: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: Defamation Act 2013 was introduced in order to reform the law surrounding defamation and to ensure that a fair balance between the protection of reputations and freedom of expression was being attained
- Theft Act 1968 – SummaryPublished: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: The Act very closely based on a draft bill which had been published by the Criminal Law Revision Committee in 1966
- European Communities Act 1972Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: This Act was granted Royal Assent on 17 October 1972 and meant that the United Kingdom became an official member of the EEC.
- Treaty on European UnionPublished: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: The Treaty on European Union (‘TEU’) finds its origins in the Treaty of Maastricht, which came into effect in 1993. Almost a decade previous…
- The Human Rights Act 1998Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: The Human Rights Act 1998 was one of the first pieces of legislation to be enacted by the new government. It is an important constitutional instrument…
- Matrimonial Causes Act 1973Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: The Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 (MCA 1973) is the law within England and Wales that governs divorce. Prior to the enactment of the MCA 1973, the first law that governed divorce was the Matrimonial Causes Act 1857 (MCA 1857).
- Directive 2004/38- Union CitizensPublished: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: Directive 2004/38 on the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States
- Prior to the Fraud Act 2006Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: XXXXX
- The Data Protection Act 1998Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: The Data Protection Act 1998 was implemented with the aim of protecting the personal data of individuals deposited on computer systems…
- Article 30 TFEUPublished: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: Article 30 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union was introduced as part of the provisions relating to the free movement of goods.
- Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organisation 1995Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: The Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organisation 1995 (‘WTO Agreement’) is a short agreement setting out the role, structure and powers…
- Article 101 TFEU – CompetitionPublished: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: Article 101 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) prohibits any agreements or cartels between Member States…
- The Copyright, Designs and Patents ActPublished: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: In the decades following the Second World War, globalisation and new technology caused a boom in industries such as the film, publishing, and the music industries, and businesses had a greater reach than ever before. With this surge in activity came an increased need for trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property rights, and a demand for a unified approach across all nations.
- Criminal Damage Act 1971Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: The Criminal Damage Act 1971 is the leading piece of legislation, concerning offences involving damage to property.
- ASYLUM AND IMMIGRATION ACT 2004Published: Fri, 30 Nov 2018Extract: In 2002 the UK Labour government published a White Paper entitled ‘Secure Borders, Safe Haven: Integration with Diversity…